9.19.2006


"For me the stereotypical librarian is personified by Marion in the musical 'The Music Man'. She shushes people, she is a quiet shy type of person and she does wear her hair up. I would also add that my idea of the stereotypical librarian from my growing up is always the helpful person, still very quiet though an older person, usually female wearing glasses and having the hair up in a bun. Although as I started using the library more and more as a young adult and then as an adult I found out just how deceiving stereotypes can be.

I am unlike the stereotypical librarian for a couple of reasons. I am not shy or quiet, and I don't shush people. I also don't wear my hair up in a bun, it is too short. I do however rely on glasses to see."

Rachel
Librarian





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?