9.23.2006


"My view of the stereotypical librarian is that it is an older lady with her hair in a bun and wearing spectacles on her nose. She is snippy and generally unhelpful because her attitude is that you should know by now how to find books for yourself, after all, all you have to do is look on the card catalog. How hard can that be???

I do work in the Harrisburg Public Library. My attitude is that we as librarians should be as helpful as we can with the time frames allowed. I believe in training people so they feel confident in using the library. However, I want to reassure them that when they need assistance, their request is no bother to us at all. The bottom line is that we as librarians are to be public servants."

Debbie
Library Assistant





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?