9.23.2006


"When you think of a librarian, you first get an image of: an old woman, hair pulled back (color brown), glasses dropped around her neck with a chain attached, wool suit in a dull color and very comfortable shoes with laces. She would be very stern and crisp with her answers and always giving out looks of distrust and academic importance. Her library would be a very quiet one!

I work in the library as a library assistant. I don't fit the stereotype totally, but there are some matches. I'm pushing 50 (or should I say it's pulling at me!), glasses are upon my nose (no chain yet!), I wear comfortable shoes (no ties). I don't however look stern or give crisp answers. I definitely don't have the look of "academic importance".

P. S. As far as the quiet library goes . . . some days the thought of a perfectly quiet library would be nice!!:) "

Jody
Library Assistant





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?